Infant Day Care & Preschool Classroom
Serving Eastchester, Mamaroneck, Larchmont, Ft. Lauderdale, New Rochelle & Scarsdale NY
- The aim of a Montessori program is to foster the development of basic trust and to assist in the normal development of the personality.
- Basic trust develops in an environment where people respond appropriately to the child’s communication of needs to be loved, respected and accepted.
- Children learn through their senses. They learn by watching and moving freely. Freedom to move is essential to the development of the infant’s potential.
- The child is considered as a whole person and is affected by the quality of holding and feeding, as well as the quality of physical care.
- Learning, which leads to independence, occurs when children participate in their daily routines of care.
- Children must be spoken to in the language with which they will communicate